âYou havenât learned how to live until youâve learned how to give!â Kirk DouglasÂ Gratitude from Founder, Cynthia Brian.Â The rains have begun and Northern California isÂ drinking in deeply! How grateful we are for thisÂ precipitation as another year of drought could devastateÂ our beautiful state and its farming communities.Â Thanksgiving is a time to express our appreciation forÂ all of our blessings and challenges. Serving asÂ Executive Director of Be the Star You Are!Â® is a giftÂ from my heart and I thank all of you who have soÂ generously supported our programs and outreach services with your time, yourÂ energy, your expertise, and your dollars. In our 16th year as a 501c3, we areÂ celebrating many milestones and thrilled to be honored again as a Top NonÂ Profit. On November 21st, our teen radio show, Express Yourself!â¢ rejoiced toÂ be broadcasting three years. What began with only five teen reporters hasÂ grown to thirty from around the United States. Read about our teens and watchÂ an inspiring video from host, Henna Hundal, as she talks about how being partÂ of Be the Star You Are!Â®’s radio team has changed her life.
This past week, theÂ Moraga Chamber of Commerce honored Be the Star You Are!Â® by selecting usÂ as its charity of choice for holiday contributions. We want to say THANK YOUÂ to the Moraga Chamber for choosing Be the Star You Are!Â® and hope that otherÂ businesses, chambers, and organizations will also consider choosing BTSYAÂ as our goal is to grow leaders. We are so thankful to be able to use these fundsnot only to continue our two wonderful radio programs, but to make a differenceÂ in the lives of those less fortunate with our gift of new books. We have beenÂ busy packing boxes to donate to Spark of Love, Los Angeles Fire Department,Â Toys for Tots, Moraga Fire Department, Children’s Hospital, and UCSF BenioffÂ Children’s Hospital.Â Speaking of new books, for the first time ever, we are discounting three of ourÂ signature books to only $9.99 plus $6.00 shipping through December 31 andÂ hope that you’ll purchase several copies for everyone on your holiday list.
As autumn fades to winter, it’s time to open your wallets for charitable giving.Â We have lots of ways you can help and we know you want to give and live.Â December 2 is Giving Tuesday, so please make a tax deductible contributionÂ with funds that will be matched. If you are an on-lilne shopper,Â check out our shop and give below with Amazon Smile, IGIVE,Â GoodSearch, EBAY, and our own BTSYA Logo Store. All give a percentage to BeÂ the Star You Are!Â® with no additional cost to you.Â Read on for inspiration. From our hearts to yours, may grace and gratitude beÂ part of your Thanksgiving and holidays.
Thank you for sharing and caring. Everyone counts.Â My virtual door is always open.Â Happy Thanksgiving,
EVENT: Letters to Santa
Bring your little ones to 5 A Rent-A-Space on December 13thÂ between 11-1:30 where Be the Star You Are!Â® volunteers willÂ help with writing letters to Santa. Enjoy a photo with Santa,Â cookies, cocoa, carols, and buy Xmas cards and books as aÂ donation to the charity. Express Yourself!â¢ Teen RadioÂ reporter and chanteuse, Jennifer Lee, will entertain with herÂ Christmas singing.Â 5 A Rent a Space, 455 Moraga Rd. #F, Moraga, 94556Â SHOP and GIVE Â If you love to shop online, you’ll love the ways you can beÂ donating to Be the Star You Are!Â® without spending a pennyÂ more, and sometimes saving a lot. The next time you want to buyÂ ANYTHING, click on one of our links and you’llÂ be supporting BTSYA while getting the best value for yourself!
Ways to Help
1. AmazonSmile donates .5% of purchases when you click here.
2. Discounted books at Amazon
3. Buy or Sell on EBAY
4. Use GoodSearch to search the web & buy from your favoriteÂ stores,. Choose Be the Star You Are as your charity to support.Â You can log in with Facebook, too!Â GoodShop App
5. Shop at over 1300 stores on IGIVE
6. BTSYA Logo StoreIn the NewsÂ Our volunteers are talented. They liveÂ our creed of “To be a leader, you must beÂ a reader! Read, Lead, Succeed!” CheckÂ out their reviews and published articles.Â Book ReviewsÂ Published at The Reading TubÂ TalkÂ In the NewsÂ Radio FlyerÂ Tune in everyÂ Tuesday atÂ NOON PT onÂ the VoiceÂ America Kids Network to listen to ourÂ talented teens interview awesomeÂ guests from around the world.Â Links, stories, photos and archives. Thirty volunteers have nowÂ been trained as hosts and reporters.Â Live every Wednesday LIVE from 4-5pmÂ on the Empowerment Channel of VoiceÂ America, hosts Cynthia Brian andÂ Heather Brittany bring you uplifting talkÂ with T42, Health Matters, and interviewsÂ with authors and experts. Links, stories,Â photos, and archives.Â With a donation to Be the Star You Are!Â®Â Â you may become a guest on our radioÂ programs. Find out how byÂ emailing Cynthia@BetheStarYouAre.org,.Â Get inspired, motivated, amused, andÂ informed. Check us out!Â LEND US YOUR EARS!
WAYS TO HELP
Check out our Be the Star You Are!Â® profile at moja.me/cynthiabrian. Be the Star You Are!Â®, aÂ 501 c3 charity wants to collaborate with sponsors, benefactors, and donors to make a positiveÂ difference in the world.Â Thank you for your contributions to BeÂ the Star You Are!Â® a TOP RATED NONÂ PROFIT. We strive hard to enrich theÂ lives of others while helping individualsÂ be the stars they were born to be. We
To make a tax donation.Â Let’s SOAR Tothe STARS Together!Â HAPPY AUTUMNÂ ANDÂ THANKSGIVING!