Dear healthy gas floating around my body—nitric oxide. Where for art thou?
The potent gassy nitric oxide can be found….
Outside your body in the form of a pollutant in the environment. Imagine exhaust fumes from cars.
Unwelcomed fumes? fear not.
We’re singing the praises of the nitric oxide available inside your amazingly powerful body.
Fair lady (and gent), lookee here. Not up in your head…but down there.
This incredible gas can be turned on…
With your orgasm! I’ll get to why sex is healthy for you in a minute.
Why you want to feel, and collude with, this potent neurotransmitter.
Neurotransmitters pass on important chemical messages from your brain to other areas of your body. Like telling your heart to beat and your lungs to breathe. Nitric oxide is an important neurotransmitter that regulates other neurotransmitters (like GABA, adrenalin, and serotonin) and plays an important role in your health (see list of benefits below).
High levels of nitric oxide allow for the gas to travel instantly through your body, spreading many of its benefits all over. Curious to learn more about how these messages work? Read here.
How does NO benefit you? Let me count a few of the ways:
1) Good for digestion. Nitric oxide (NO) promotes movement—gets your food moving along the digestive process.
2) Lowers blood pressure. NO helps blood vessels expand and contract to get blood moving along.
3) Combats heart conditions. NO is a strong foe to plaque buildup that tends to cause heart attacks and strokes.
4) Stimulates communication. NO has a huge platform within your body. It’s messages enable 50 million cells to communicate.
5) Boosts the immune system. NO fights tumors and viral, bacterial, and parasitic infections.
6) Reduces inflammation. NO increases oxygen and blood flow and sends anti-inflammatory messages to xxx.
How do you increase your nitric oxide levels?
Move it. Move it as in:
• Sex—sexual stimulation bams up the NO messaging in your body.
• Exercise—physical activity is known to enhance your NO.
You can take like ginseng and l-arginine to increase your NO. I’ll get into that in an upcoming post. For now, why not try the natural (and most fun) way of boosting your nitric oxide, like getting it on and having sex and enjoying a nice big orgasm?
You owe it to yourself and your partner to take advantage of this amazing, healthful, easily accessible gas.
Oh…you’re reading this and you’re alone. Romeo or Juliet aren’t around now? Not Shakespearian, but from the wise words of Crosby, Stills, & Nash, “If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.” Have some fun with yourself. It’s good for your health.
Shout out to Carol Marie Fiorito for talking about orgasms and nitric oxide at a recent Womb Awakening event in NYC.
Learn more about Carol Marie’s womb work on her interview on The Womb Happy Hour here.