Enjoy Zoe C.’s interview with Olivier Lelardoux, Head of Animation / Director at Cyber Group Animation. Lelardoux is the director of the award-winning series Gigantosaurus, Zorro the Chronicles, Zou, Mia, The Legends of Tatonka, Ozieboo Protect the Planet and more.
Cyber Group Studios is a Paris-based developer, producer and distributor of animated television series and movies for children in France and internationally. The company produces 3D and 2D animation products for television series and movies, web series, and news and documentaries. It also licenses its own and third-party characters.
Olivier Lelardoux has 18+ years of experience in the production of youth programs as director, designer and production designer. Since 2005, he has been at Cyber Group Studios, a company he co-founded, co-owns and co- manages as Head of the studio and Director of the company’s series. Olivier also oversees the external studios in India, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Kuala Lumpur and Tunis that work on Cyber Group Studios series and spearheads the company’s technology group. Series directed by Olivier have won multiple awards and nominations including:
* Awarded series number one on CCTV China
- 2D3D Film Festival (Italy) 2020 – Gigantosaurus for Best Voice Acting Award
- Pulcinella Awards 2019 – Best upper-preschool series, Gigantosaurus” Season 1
- Common Sense Media Seal Honoree 2019 – Gigantosaurus
- Cynopsis Kids Award 2014 – ZOU Winner new Preschool Series
- Chicago Animation Festival 2012 – ZOU, 1st Prize, Animated Television Program
- International Emmy Award 2013 nomination, ZOU
- TVFI Prix Export 2013 Nomination, Gold Panda (China ) 2013 – Tatonka
- AET Canada 2010 – Manon – Best Canadian TV Animation Series
- TVFI Prix Export 2008
- Shanghai TV Festival – Magnolia Award
Previously, Lelardoux worked at Esteban Production (2002 to 2005) as director of TV ads, music videos, motion graphics, TV shows and VFX supervisor. Esteban production is specialized in live action shows for kids. He also worked at BillyWeb (2000 to 2002) as web designer. Olivier was also in charge of creating kids CGI characters for web sites. Olivier’s production expertise spans across production main steps (design, projects development, directing, producing, studio management, budgets and planning). Olivier received a Master degree from the Movie and Animation school ESRA Paris.