The House Call Returns…With a Modern Twist by Marcia Zidle
When you need medical treatment do you go to a doctorâs office or clinic? Or would you prefer the doctor come to you in your home, office or even hotel? If yes, then imagine applying the best qualities of a service like Lyft or Uber to healthcare… convenience, mobile accessibility, personalized service and price transparency.
Make Health Care Convenient and Affordable for Everyone
My guest on this episode of The Business Edge is Dr Jonathan Clarke telling how his start-up, Mend, is improving the patient experience by delivering on-demand healthcare directly to people where they are. In other words, he and his medical team come to you! Dr Clarke is a board certified in emergency medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians. As a decorated veteran, he served in the US Navy for over 14 years, with wartime tours as a physician in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Listen to This Podcast and Learn:
1. Why emotional intelligence is one of the best traits for leadership success;.
2. What it takes to challenge and overcome the status quo â weâve always done it (health care) this way
3. How he is combining the best practices of patient care with technology resulting in more satisfied customers.
4. The procedures to insure distributed teams are focused on and aligned with the companyâs mission and goals
5. How he follows Jim Collinâs advice: Get the right people in the right seats on the bus and the wrong people off.
Take Away: Sometimes You Have to Unlearn What You Learned
The leadership style that served him well in the military â command and control â is not the style that works well with highly skilled employees who work autonomously. And it wonât work with the younger generation. So he now leads by example, by ongoing communication and getting and valuing feedback. Thatâs why emotional intelligence is so important.