For many, it’s winter and it’s quite cold outside! Why not warm up with healthy Ayurvedic teas?
I’m a huge fan of teas made by my friend Idit Or – founder of A&I Nutreats. Idit uses Ayurvedic recipes in all her tea blends for drinkers to appreciate not only the delicious and soothing flavors, but also the powerful health benefits of Ayurveda.
Warm yourself up on the inside knowing these teas are all made using high quality organic ingredients.
All of the teas are vegan and are free from caffeine, sugar, gluten, GMO and any preservatives.
Here are 4 of A&I Nutreats’ most popular herbal and healthy Ayurvedic teas:
Ayurvedic Anti–Inflammatory Herbal Turmeric Tea
Turmeric and ginger, common Ayurvedic herbs, have both been used for centuries to support joint health and treat inflammatory conditions. The combination of these two herbs, enhanced by the licorice root and the fragrant lemongrass, creates a wonderful Ayurvedic inspired blend that promotes digestion and immune support.
Note: Turmeric is better absorbed when consumed with healthy fats such as avocado, nuts or almond butter.
Turmeric:Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
Ginger: Highly potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent; energizer and stimulator. Ginger root can help relieve upset stomach, indigestion, motion sickness and nausea.
Lemongrass: Promotes healthy digestion; cleanses and detoxifies the body and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Licorice: An anti-inflammatory agent; helps relieve bloating and indigestion; enhances the health benefits of the herbs in this tea formula.
Learn more about this anti-inflammatory tea here.
Ayurvedic Cumin, Coriander & Fennel Tea with Ginger
This is a great tea for a gentle detox after the holiday season and during the year. Ginger, amongst its so many health benefits, boosts our digestion and has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
According to Ayurveda, this tea may help to support the following:
· Cleanses and detoxifies the body
· Reduces bloating, indigestion and cramps
· Decreases heat or acid in the stomach
· Helps improve metabolism
· Supports weight management
· Cleanses the urinary tract
· Enhances nutrient absorption
Organic Fennel seeds, Organic Coriander seeds, Organic Cumin seeds, Organic Ginger root.
Learn more about this detox tea here.
Ayurvedic Golden Milk Blend – Turmeric Tea Latte
Ayurvedic inspired blend of Turmeric, Ceylon Cinnamon, Ginger and Black Pepper (to increase absorption of the Turmeric).
· Turmeric: Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect and is a very strong antioxidant.*
· Ceylon Cinnamon: One of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet, loaded with powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.*
· Ginger: Highly potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent; energizer and stimulator. Ginger root can help relieve upset stomach, indigestion and nausea.*
· Black Pepper: Increases absorption of the turmeric, improves digestion and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.*
Suggested Use for Vegan Tea Latte (8oz cup): Place 1/2 – 1 tsp of Golden Milk Turmeric Tea Latte into a blender; Add 1 tbsp of almond butter, 1 cup of water and 2-4 Medjool dates; Blend until smooth; Pour into a small saucepan, warm over medium heat and enjoy. Can be served cold or warm.
Learn more about Golden Milk Blend here.
Ayurvedic Masala Chai Blend
Originated in India, Masala Chai (also known as Chai Latte) has long been used as a healing Ayurvedic beverage. The synergy of the spices in this blend creates a powerful tea that helps support digestion, enhances the immune system and is loaded with antioxidants.*
· Ceylon Cinnamon: One of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet, loaded with powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
· Ginger: Highly potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent; energizer and stimulator. Ginger root can help relieve upset stomach and indigestion.
· Cardamom: In India, it was believed to support gum and throat health. Cardamom is also believed to improve mental clarity.
· Nutmeg: Stimulate the digestive process.
· Clove: Studies have revealed that extracts from cloves can help maintain sugar levels in a healthy range.
· Black Pepper: improves digestion and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Suggested Use for Vegan Chai (8oz cup): Place 1/2 tsp of Masala Chai blend into a blender, add 1 tbsp of almond butter, 1 cup of water and 2 Medjool dates; blend until smooth. Heat over medium heat, pour into a cup, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy.
Learn more about Masala Chai blend here.
Idit is passionate about offering health promoting and clean ingredients in her delicious teas and vegan, gluten free baked products. Make sure you treat yourself to delicious sips of A&I Nutreats teas! If you’re around the Hoboken, New Jersey area, you can buy these teas and other A&I Nutreats products at Organic Basic Food Store.
Note to the Ladies from Lorraine
Many of the herbs in these teas are worth learning about their natural health benefits, especially related to your health down there.
Did you know that one of turmeric’s bragging rights is that because of its anti-spasmodic action, it’s known to reduce period pain. One of its many other benefits is that it moves stagnant blood to improve menstrual flow .
Ginger also has many curative properties for ladies female reproductive health. To name a couple – for many it soothes and prevents nausea during pregnancy and is known to perk up libidos during menopause.
Besides being great for digestion, fennel also has a reputation for easing up period pain and menopause symptoms. Important to be aware that fennel has been linked to inducing labor.
Herbs are quite potent so it’s worth learning about their healing properties. Why not sit back, have some delicious A&I Nutreat Ayurvedic teas and open your awareness to herbs – nature’s medicine that can boost your health.
Idit Or will be an upcoming guest on The Womb Happy Hour on Voice America Health & Wellness in the next few weeks! More details to follow…
Ayurveda, known as the “Science of Life”, is a natural holistic healing system that was developed in India more than 5,000 years ago, addressing all layers of the mind, body and soul.
According to Ayurveda, strong digestion is a key for an overall good health; it is possible for each of us to achieve and maintain a vibrant and joyful state of health by identifying our mind–body type and then creating a lifestyle that sustains and nurtures our unique nature.
About Idit Or
Idit, mother of twins, Ron & Lihi, is the founder of A&I Nutreats, a delicious line of organic, gluten free & vegan baked goods and an assortment of distinctive healthy Ayurvedic teas.
Inspired by her mother at an early age to enjoy healthy organic eating, and by her own experience of Ayurveda’s powerful medicinal effects, Idit’s commitment to clean ingredients is unwavering. She is dedicated to her purpose of celebrating a healthy lifestyle from her family to yours.
When she is not baking, Idit can be found rollerblading, biking, running or practicing yoga.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.