A Simple Message of Hope By Yomi Garnett
How time flies!
Life is but a twinkle of a star in the infinite journey of eternity!
Barely nine weeks ago, I embarked on the headily exciting adventure of Hosting my Internet Radio Talk Show, Dream The Life; Live The Dream, on the VOICEAMERICA network, the world leader in Internet Talk Radio, with a daily, worldwide listener base of 4.5 million people. Nine weeks down the road, and the astonishing verdict from my Executive Producer, Josh Bernstein, with reference to the ever-increasing listener density on the Show, borders on nothing short of the superlative. This phenomenal feat could not have been accomplished without your active connivance, dear friend and listener. That is why, I unabashedly, and unreservedly, celebrate, today, the valuable hours you have invested in listening to the Show, by making a modest attempt to justify your monumental investment in time and effort.
In achieving this justification,the principal question to ask is:
“Dr. Garnett, what role are you expected to play on this Show, and to what significant degree are you meeting this objective?”
My response, as usual, will be magnificently simple.
I have come to the perfectly valid conclusion that my role as your Host on this Show is two-fold:
(A) I am here to assist you to accurately identify the major concerns in your life.
The next, and pertinently relevant question then becomes, “what, averagely, are the sources of perturbation in your life?”
The issues that bother you, dear listener, will fall somewhere within this wide spectrum:
1. You acknowledge peace of mind as the ultimate human good, and you want it.
2. You crave financial security, and you deserve it.
3. You desire a certain hope for future achievement.
4. You need to develop coping mechanisms in the event of the inevitable adversities and disasters of this life time.
5. Â You want to rise above depression.
6. Â How do you raise positive kids in a negative world?
7. Â How do you cope with your pervasive fear of the unknown?
8. Â How do you cope with the stress incident to day-to-day living?
9. Â How do you handle the unfair, and sometimes, downright malicious attitude of others towards you?
10. Ultimately, you want to find true meaning in, and to make some sense out of, this chaos called life!
(B) Â Secondly, having assisted you to identify your core concerns, it then becomes my unavoidable obligation to assist you in arriving at a rational resolution of these concerns in your life.
I urge you, at this stage, to come into a full appreciation of two facts:
1. Life is quite a challenge. It has always been, and will always be. Now, let us work from first principles: Is it not patently true that once you gain so much familiarity with something, it is only a matter of course that you will become contemptuous of it? An oft-quoted refrain puts it quite simply:”Familiarity breeds contempt.”
Begin to intensely familiarize yourself with the fact that life is quite a challenge. Become so familiar with this valid notion that, soon enough, you would have developed so much contempt for the very fact, that, the fact that life is a challenge will no longer be one worthy of your attention. This means that the fact that life is a challenge will simply pale into insignificance, and life itself then becomes a much easier project to pursue.
2. Realize that no one promised you that life would be a bed of roses. However, you may pray that you will be accorded sufficient grace to safely navigate your path through the thorns, and the narrow bridges of life.
HEREIN, then, lies the functional utility of my messages.
To encourage you.
To tell you that there is a certain hope for the future.
To assist you in building up your dormant faith.
To inform you that courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it.
To tell you that you can rise above adversity, and become whole again.
Above all, to join you in composing a new song that says: I WILL DREAM MY BEST LIFE EVER, AND THEN, I WILL LIVE THE DREAM!
To put matters in a beautiful nutshell, I am your dream catalyst, and your dream merchant, all in the same instance!
And, that was why I christened my Show, DREAM THE LIFE; Â LIVE THE DREAM, in the first place!
Accept, with the most affectionate regards, my best wishes for a life filled with the magical splendor of glittering dividends, in all areas of the glorious life which you so richly deserve!
Dr. Yomi Garnett
President, The Global Institute For Human Excellence.
For more information about Yomi, Tune into his Show “Dream the Life. Live the Dream.”Â Our show challenges you to grow, and helps you to win. Our entire show is based on the thirteen unbreakable habits of truly enlightened people. Each episode of this initial series focuses on one of these life-changing habits. It will be an interactive excursion in self-discovery, with the aim of effecting a radical alteration in your world view. Our program is designed to touch your very core if you are seeking your own true path to destiny.
Tune in to Dream the Life. Live the Dream, every Thursday at 7 AM Pacific Time on the VoiceAmerica Empowerment Channel.