Here Comes Climate Change for Business Continuity Professionals
Join me May 12, 2022 at 1PM EST!
Climate Change is one of – if not the most – important issue facing individuals, communities, organizations, and the world today. It’s become a key component that many Business Continuity (BC) professionals must address; from the Risk Analysis (RA) to the Business Impact Analysis (BIA), to preparedness and response plans.
I talk with noted industry expert Margaret Millett about what BC professionals can do to address Climate Change concerns in their organizations.
We talk about:
1. Historical Information (cities, species…),
2. Risks and Impacts,
3. The challenge facing the BC profession and professional,
4. Considerations for organizations,
5. What opportunities exist for the BC industry/professional?,
6. Getting ahead of the Climate Change risk,
7. The Risk Analysis (RA) and Business Impact Analysis (BIA),
8. Policy and standards,
9. Company response (Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, Recovery),
11. Sharing information with Leadership and the Board of Directors…and more.
It’s an insightful discussion on how we as professionals, can address the challenges Climate Change posses us and our organizations. Enjoy!