Be the Star You Are!Â® 501 c3 charity presents:
Express Yourself TeensÂ
With the on-air Be the Star You Are!Â® youth reporters.
Margaret Mead said, âNever doubt that a group of small, thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; Indeed, itâs the only thing that ever has.â Red Ribbon Week was the brainchild of the National Family Partnership in 1985 in an attempt to increase drug awareness among Americans. Today the Red Ribbon symbolizes communities mobilizing to educate youth and encourage involvement in drug prevention activities. Host Henna Hundal with Social Responsibility Reporter, Asya Gonzalez, shine the light on ways to stay drug, alcohol, and tobacco free through personal insights, scientific research, parental tips, and peer to peer pacts. Henna offers tips for teens to refrain from getting involved in risky behavior and how to be confident in the conviction to stay clean. Take the Red Ribbon Pledge now and be a part of the creation of a drug free America.
WHAT’S THE PLEDGE ABOUT?
1. As parents and citizens, we will talk to our children and the children in our lives about the dangers of drug abuse.
2. We will set clear rules for our children about not using drugs.
3. We will set a good example for our children by not using illegal drugs or medicine without a prescription.
4. We will monitor our children’s behavior and enforce appropriate consequences, so that our rules are respected.
5. We will encourage family and friends to follow the same guidelines to keep children safe from substance abuse.
I PLEDGE TO SET GUIDELINES TO HELP CHILDREN GROW UP SAFE, HEALTHY AND DRUG-FREE.
Congrats to everyone who volunteers and supports Be the Star You Are!Â®. BTSYA has been named a 2014Â TOP NON PROFITÂ for the 6th straight year and is one of the first to be awarded this honor by Guidestar and Great Non Profits.
Express Yourself!â¢ Teen Radio is produced by Cynthia Brian of StarstyleÂ® Productions, llc as an outreach program of Be the Star You Are!Â® charity. For information on being a guest emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a tax-deductible donation to keep this positive youth programming broadcasting weekly to international audiences.Â Thanks for supporting teens!
Be the Star You Are!Â® charity. It’s the Season of Giving Make a donation today. Buy books and shirts.
Trick or Treat for Literacy:Â
Give to Trick or Treat for Literacy. Instead of collecting candy, collect donations to give a child a book treat.Â