My Five-Part Mindset For Living In Flow By Deborah Jane Wells
You might think the âhardâ part would be creating a substantive, meaningful, well-writtenÂ 266-page book that includes moving stories from your own life, inspiring stories from your clientsâ lives and a proprietary framework for turning unexplored possibilities into fulfilling realities. And that once youâd published said book, youâd live in a state of non-stop wonder, gratitude and celebration.
That would be precisely how youâd respond if you continued to fuel yourself with love rather than fear. But every moment in life is an opportunity to remember all we know about love, respect, curiosity, compassion and gratitude (LRCCG) producing a life of flow filled with faith, hope, prosperity, peace and joy (FHPPJ) or forget it entirely and, as my iPEC coach training instructor used to say, climb back into the fear-fueled catabolic canoe! (Click hereÂ for a brief explanation of catabolic energy.)
This period after publishing my book and before the initial publicity gains momentum has offered me the perfect opportunity to benefit from flopping around in the mire a bit due to temporarily forgetting what I so ably applied while writing the bookâthatÂ love-fueled flow, not fear-fueled force, enhances joy-filled productivity and fosters peace. And to remember how quickly painful fear-fueled, unrealistic performance measures can suck the life out of any experience.
In the process of using every truth, tool and trick in my satchel to re-center myself multiple times a day in LRCCG so Iâd experience FHPPJ once again, I expanded myÂ simplified three-part job descriptionÂ (shared in myÂ 5/10/13 blog post) into a five-part mindset to better anchor it in my consciousness. Hereâs the result:
- Come as you areâShowÂ up and bring the best I have to offer in this moment. Not last yearâsÂ best, or next yearâs best or someone elseâs best. Just the best Iâve gotÂ to offer with the love and light Iâm giving myself access to at this time.Â Quit judging myself as insufficient. I amÂ alwaysÂ enough,Â just as I am right here and now.
- Live the TruthâGod is God, I am Godâs andÂ love is the greatest power in the Universe.Â My Source is excellent, limitless, Â Â Â Â and reliable. No external force can block my highest good. UniversalÂ abundance flows to and through me. Whatever my circumstances, I know who IÂ am and Whose I am. I am a unique cocreative expression of the Divine. How could that ever not be enough?
- Commit to the highest goodâUniversal love is alwaysÂ unfolding the highest good for all, in all, through all. Love, respect, curiosity,Â and compassion reveal and advance the highest good. My part is to align myselfÂ with the highest good by keeping myself free of fear and holding myselfÂ wide open as a clear channel for love and light. Way cool!
- Express gratitudeâWhileÂ feelingÂ gratefulÂ is a nice start, donât stop there.Â ExpressÂ it to and forÂ every being, encounter, and experience. Appreciate my life. Know thatÂ everythingâs an opportunity. Expect it. Go looking for it. Notice it. Say, Â Â Â Â âThank you!â Gratitude for Universal abundance fosters generous,Â effortless, gracious flow filled with faith, hope, prosperity, peace, and joy. And it starts with being grateful for every aspect of myselfâthe attributes that thrill me and those that frustrate me and everyone who knows me. They are all essential elements of my unique cocreative role in Â Â Â Â expressing the Divine. I totally rock!
- Trust God with the detailsâResist the urge to over-manage the minutiae and end up trapped in the weeds. Even though Iâm bright and creative, that level of specificity is way above my pay grade. Remain focused on my responsibilities (the first four parts of the mindset) and stay tuned to the Universal frequency for further instructions on where to go, what to do, when, and with whom. When I discern, focus, and follow through, the Universe works wonders through me. My job becomes so much easier when I allow God to be God!
When it comes to my book, the first four parts of my job comprise fully investing all forms of my energy (time, talents, and money) in:
- Appreciating and capturing the power and nature of the transformation I experienced,
- Reverse engineering what happened,
- Creating a framework for teaching the principles and process to others,
- Coaching my clients with the framework and gathering their stories of transformation,
- Testing and refining the framework and stories based on client feedback and results,
- Turning all of it into a book,
- Choosing the optimal publisher and
- Leading robust publicity before and after the bookâs release.
My role in part five of the mindset is to release any specific expectations about the nature, magnitude and timing of what will result (books sold, royalties earned, new clients enrolled, etc.). Success consists of engaging fully in the process and remaining completely detached from a precise outcome. Itâs Godâs job to determine the end result. I get to enjoy it, whenever it happens in whatever form it takes because, Universal love is always unfolding the highest good for all, in all, through all. Ta-da!
I frequently hear from readers, listeners, and clients that they are encouraged and gain even deeper insight when I share my personal ups and downs. They learn how to sustain faith and hope while treating themselves with respect and compassion when they too stray from the path. A Zen mistress living a perpetually serene life in a mountain retreat would soon be of little use to anyone living in the real world. Fortunately for all of us, it would appear I have little risk of transitioning to that sort of existence any time soon. Hallelujah, opportunities will abound for the foreseeable future!
The only person controlling your life isÂ you. Turn unexplored possibilities into fulfilling realities by harnessing the transformative power of love to step into your greatness. Choose your energy and change your life!
Â© Copyright 2013 DJW Life Coach LLC. All rights reserved.
About the Author
What’s love got to do with minimizing stress and getting unstuck? Everything, according to empowerment coach and inspirational speaker Deborah Jane Wells, author of Choose Your Energy: Change Your Life! During her 30 years as an organization transformation consultant, Deborah served as a senior partner in four of the world’s largest, most prestigious global professional services firms. In 2005, she took a five-year sabbatical to find healing and peace because non-stop work had taken its toll. Her recovery from burnout, including a sustained 80-pound weight loss and freedom from 10 years of debilitating depression, led to finding her purpose guiding others on their journeys. Through healing and self-exploration, she discovered that loving yourself unconditionally is the key to transforming your personal life, your work, and the world. Deborahâs books, blog, radio show, and signature coaching programs help individuals and organizations harness the transformative power of love to step into their greatness. Learn more at the Deborah Jane Wells Website.